Fremont Burglary Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Burglary Charges in California
At The Law Offices of Adam Allen Arant, we offer unwavering legal support for individuals confronting burglary charges in Fremont and the neighboring regions. We understand the gravity of burglary allegations and their potential ramifications on your life. Should you find yourself implicated in a burglary case, it is imperative to seek guidance from an adept Fremont burglary lawyer capable of navigating the intricacies of California law and staunchly advocating for your rights.
Call The Law Offices of Adam Allen Arant today at (888) 561-2002 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our burglary attorney in Fremont!
What is Burglary?
Burglary is a criminal offense involving the unauthorized entry into a structure intending to commit a theft or another felony. It is essential to understand the key elements that constitute burglary under California law:
- Entry: Entering a building or structure is a fundamental element of burglary. This entry can be either by force or without the owner's consent.
- Structure: Burglary charges can apply to various structures, not limited to just homes. Buildings such as businesses, warehouses, or even vehicles can be the subject of burglary allegations.
- Intent: The prosecution must prove that the defendant entered the structure with the specific intent to commit theft or another felony inside.
Penalties for Burglary in California
Burglary convictions in California carry severe consequences, with penalties contingent on factors such as the degree of burglary and surrounding circumstances. Here is a breakdown of potential penalties for burglary:
- Imprisonment: Up to six years
- Fines: Up to $10,000
- Imprisonment: Up to three years
- Fines: Up to $5,000
Defenses Against Burglary Charges
Mounting a successful defense against burglary charges requires a comprehensive understanding of the law and a strategic approach tailored to the unique aspects of each case. Our experienced Fremont burglary lawyers employ various defenses to protect our clients' rights:
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's ability to prove every element of the burglary offense beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating the absence of intent to commit theft or a felony at entry.
- Mistaken Identity: Arguing that the defendant was mistakenly identified as the perpetrator.
- Consent: Establishing that the defendant had permission or lawful authority to enter the structure.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: Challenging evidence obtained through unconstitutional or illegal searches and seizures.
Each case is unique, and our attorneys work diligently to identify the most effective defense strategy based on the specific circumstances surrounding the burglary allegations.
Contact Our Fremont Burglary Attorney Today
When your future is on the line due to burglary charges in Fremont, California, securing the services of a skilled legal team is essential. The Law Offices of Adam Allen Arant brings a wealth of experience to the table, ensuring that every avenue of defense is explored to protect your rights and advocate for the best possible outcome in your case. If you or someone you know is facing burglary charges, contact us today for a confidential consultation and take the first step toward a strategic defense.
Contact The Law Offices of Adam Allen Arant today to schedule a meeting with our burglary lawyer in Fremont!